Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A friend of mine shared this great little video on education with me. We still live in the age of "the manufacturing model of education." After watching this I do think more critically about what on earth we are doing and how silly this will all look years from now.
The video

I have been interviewing my Solar students about what they got out of my reading class which finished for them mid-semester. I sometimes cannot imagine how bored they must be in some of these classes, but I guess people can get used to anything. The amazing thing is that I interviewed about ten of them and they were all very good at capturing what I was trying to convey in my class--the content as well as the connections I was trying to help them make. They all mentioned that they loved how I used their Photovoltaics book and how I "broke it down" for them. I am so glad the book became less daunting. Of course there are some people who may not have gotten so much out of the class. I got some ideas yesterday about who i could interview who did NOT get as much out of the class. They have been reluctant to interview with me possibly because they did not want to be negative or maybe they had nothing to say. How can I get capture their experiences on video???

No comments:

Post a Comment